Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day Off From School


Hooray, we had a day off from school today, so I didn't have to work and instead just played in my room all day. Now, most of the morning I spent re-organizing AGAIN! But after lunch I got inspired. I just purchased the new "Holiday Cards" magazine from Paper Crafts and it is a GREAT ONE! On page 7 is an advertisement for the new "Card Creations" magazine coming out in a week. I saw this sneaker card and thought "How cute". Well, since I didn't have the pattern, I do what I usually do and that is to go onto Clip Art and find one. So, I found a sneaker, blew it up on Windows and VOILA! my own sneaker creation. I used some paper that I have had forever from a Joann's stack pack, and Real Red. Very simple. I used Circle of Friendship for the saying punched out holes and added eyelets and laced it up with 1/8" grosgrain white ribbon. I can think of endless possibilities for this card. It could be done in the colors of someone's favorite team; a baby card; or a girly girl sneaker. Let me know if you want the pattern.

No comments: