Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wedding Shower gift







I have a wedding shower to go to for Dina, daughter of my friend Pat, and since I have the creative bug no purchased gift will do. Don't you all feel the need to create something for special moments??? So, I made her this "Marriage Survival Kit". Cute and a conversation piece.
Inside are these little packages of "ideas" for a perfect marriage.
I have included:
Kiss: to remember that it all started with a kiss. (used a Hershey Kiss for this) And did you
know that if you go to Party City you can buy just 1 kiss!! I was totally floored when I saw bins and bins of pieces of all kinds of candy that you can buy just 1 piece. I was so excited because I really didn't want a whole bag of kisses (because you know where they will go!). So check it out- what a great find.
Toothpick: to remind you to pick your battles
Rubberband: to remember to be flexible
Cotton Ball: to help cushion the rough times
Pencil w/eraser: to remind you that all though you are sharp, we all make mistakes
Duck: to remind you to let some things roll off your back
Snickers Bar: to remind you that laughter is the best medicine
Seeds: to remind you that love grows stronger every day
Candle: to keep the glow of romance alive
Puzzle Piece: to remind you that you are an important part in each others lives
Glitter: to remind you to always add sparkle to your life
Tools: to help build a lasting relationship ( this one I stamped, and cut out)

Also we had to bring a recipe, so I used my "Voila" stamp from SU and created this recipe holder using a large clothespin.

No comments: