Friday, July 20, 2007



Christmas In July


I just love this saying! It is sooooo hot here in Arizona-20+ days of over 110 degrees so far. I am from Massachusetts so I remember the cold and even though I would never live there again I can still feel its presence. So, this Christmas in July theme suits me fine. Here is the first of my "winter" cards (because I don't think snowmen are necessarily a Christmas theme). Stayed tuned for more to come as the weather gets hotter here For this card I used Ballet Blue; Certainly Celery and the set "Festive Favorites" This is one of my favorite "cute" sets. I colored in the snowmen with these great paints called "Jewels Watercolor Palette" from US Art Lest. They are pearlescent and Metallic colors similar to Pearl Ex. They are arranged in a palette formation so all you do is wet your paint brush. Included is a misty lavender and spring green which matches these two SU colors perfectly. I added a scalloped white border; ribbon from Michaels and a metal snowflake brad and plastic 3D snowflakes from ???, and the blue ribbon is SU's bluebird(?). Send me some of your Christmas in July cards-I would love to see them.

No comments: