Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Teacher's Cards



My husband who is retired and is now a substitute teacher is subbing for a teacher whose father just died. My husband asked me tonight if I could please make him 2 large sympathy cards that the kids in his 2 classes could sign. Of course he needs them tomorrow! Well, it is near my bedtime but of course I was thinking that with all this "stuff" I have, I should certainly be able to come up with something. Well, here are my 5 minute results. The first card is some awesome masculine paper that I found in my stash of go togethers. (Yes, I do have a file of papers that I consider go-togethers - 2 or more papers that match) This paper is from The Paper Studio called Black Brown Tiles, and Black Brown Argyle. The inside is a taupe from those Stack Packs at Joann's and is stamped with the sentiment from The Stamp Doctor (stampdoctor.com). The ribbon is a black/beige check from Michaels. The base of the card is vanilla. The ink used is SU Close to Cocoa.


The second card is SU bashful Blue background; Close to Cocoa for borders and the paper is Courtyard Flowers from Chatterbox. The stamp inked in Close to Cocoa is from Paper Inspirations. Brown brads from a collection at Joann's rounds out the corners.

3 comments:

Jenne said...

You make great cards under pressure. It doesn't give you time to over think them.

mum on the run said...

Great cards Laura! Partiularly like the colours on the second one :)

malieta said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful! You did a great job with a short moments notice.
Malieta:)