Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My friend Lois over at gingerbreadaholic sent me a link to a site that made these cute little boxes filled with York Peppermint Patties that were covered with cut out circles. I can't remember the site but I only used her idea and made the boxes differently. Below is the pattern I created and how I did the box and decorated the patties.
Cut a piece of cardstock 5 x 11 inches. Fold in half the long way to get a 2 1/2 x 11 piece. Open up and score every 2 5/8 inches to get 4 squares. There will be a 1/4 inch left at the end.
Cut up from the bottom of each square to the fold line. Fold on the scored lines at the top. Fold in each cut square to make a box and glue together. Glue the 1/4 inch to the inside of the box.
Attach a 1 inch strip (any length you want) for the handle.
Using several size punches, make circles or scalloped circles to cover the pattie. Sandwich the pattie between the punched shapes. (See samples)

1 comment:

Lois Michael said...

WOW Totally missed this one. Really cute! I love how you used the bigger scallop punch for the bottom. Darling !!