Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sam's thank you

My awesome friend Sam, makes nightlights for every occasion. She recently made me a pumpkin for the season. I have sent her this thank you for it that I created myself. I am going to send it to some publications and hope for the best. I got the pattern from googling pumpkin patterns and then made it pull up with the sentiment inside. I used SU pumpkin pie; the leaves are Prima and floral green wire creates the vines. The stem is a textured paper from Joanns
and I sponged the edges and created the stitching with a close to cocoa marker.



The night light was stained glass and so the sentiment inside says:

colored glass: $10 lead $5 wire $1 creative talent for a finished pumpkin - priceless!

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

How adorable ... love how the top pulls up ... this would be cute as a jack-o-lantern as well ... great job.

Jenne said...

I can't believe we made such similar cards on the same day.
SPOOKY!!

Lois Michael said...

Laura, his is adorable...worth waiting for!

Maria said...

Wow this is really cute! I love it! Great project!

Maria

Rachele Funk said...

I so have to copy this! What a cute idea! I just love it! I'm thinking it would make the cutest recipe card for a pumpkin dessert like my famous pumpkin white chocolate macadamia cookies! YUM!!!