Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I've been "tagged"

I have been tagged by Sylvia over at My Little Corner of the World.
Here are the rules:
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.

Well, I have to admit that "romance" novels are not very intelligent reading, however, I work out on the treadmill everyday and read while I am pacing along. They make for easy and quick reading while on the treadmill and I can last much longer!!! Here is my sentences - Haven't looked yet but I hope it's not on the "juicy" part!!
He stopped, dipped his hand into the water, made a fist and opened it. "You can't hold it," he said to me. "No matter how you try or how you love or how you sweat." Then he dug into the sand. It was wet and clung together in his hand. " But this," he said, "a man can hold." We never spoke of it again. "When my time came, I turned my back on the sea and held the land."

Wow, that must be the most profound few sentences in this book!!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Thanks for playing. Hey I read romance every once in awhile for a diversion.