Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentines







Here are just a few of the valentines cards that I made this year. I never seem to have enough time to make as many as I need to.

The cards with the bird are made using the Holiday Birds set from Hero Arts. You can't see it in the scan but on the card on the far left I stickled the birds wings, the 2 hearts, and the red stripes. The 2 sets of 3 hearts are brads. The other card with the bird I used Cricut to cut out the heart; the red heart inside it is a stickled sticker; and the bow is done using scrappers floss. The card on the top right is done using a Hero Arts heart stamp and in the oval I stamped Love and a leaf from the heart stamp. The leaves are colored in with Artichoke and I also used crystal effects to make them pop. The background is cuttlebug's heart blocks and the ribbon is satin which makes it look more elegant. The last card is a tri-fold using the cricut heart again.
My friend Sam showed me how to make these "gum holders" . They were so fun and so easy to make. This paper I used is from last years Valentine collection from Recollections. Unfortunately, if you live anywhere near one, you know they are now closed.
Sorry about these scans. Not very clear but hope you get the general idea.

No comments: