Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yeah, a Day with my Stamping Friends




If you keep up with Lois's blog you will know that there is a group of us that meets on Wednesdays. Well, I am sort of a member. I now have a full-time job so I don't get to meet with them very often. Last Monday, however, I had a day off for President's day so only 4 of us stamped but it was still fun to get together. I came up with these 2 cards for everyone to make. The first is using one of my favorite flower stamps "Charmed" by Penny Black. The small square flowers are from Endless Creations. I used Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise (Cuttlebugged with the flower circles - can't remember it's official name); and So Saffron. The corners are done using a SU scrapbook set that is no longer available. I used brads for the iniside of the big flowers and stickles for the inside of the little flowers which has been popped up. The "think spring" is from A Muse Artstamps. I love those little words and the font they used. This card will be sent to a friend back East in Mass. I just heard that they got 12 inches of snow last night!!! I am so happy to be living here in Arizona now.


The second card is a spur of the moment card. I love the new cuttlebug embossing folder "birds and swirls" which Sam had in her stash. She had this bird stamp (I think from Clearstamps)
and so I thought of a robin (again for a friend back East-they really do need to "think spring"!)
and so came up with this card. We used SU Only Orange; and the now retired bliss blue. I used a musical note punch that I got long ago from the dollar bin at Michaels. So, those 2 cards and a delicious Mexican Tamale casserole from Sam made my day!!! Can't wait till March when I have spring break and there will be 10 of us meeting at our friend Diane's house.

1 comment:

Lois Michael said...

Sorry I missed on Monday. I can't wait til March either. Your cards are darling as usual. Glad to see you are back!