Sunday, June 29, 2008

Birthday "Yankee" Swap

Well, I just got back from the Boston area to attend my family reunion; reunite with friends; and "fortunately" experience some very, very nice weather. It only rained 1 day. Talk about lucking out in good ol New England. (Oh, yeah, we did have to sit on the airplane for 1 1/2 hours in Manchester airport while they inspected the plane because we had a mini hailstorm (in June!) while we were boarding!) Anyway, at my family reunion the theme was "birthday". We were celebrating everyone's birthday so we had to bring a swap as a birthday gift, labeled male;female; or unisex. For my husband I made the following card and enclosed a gift certificate to Home Depot. This is a trifold card using Chocolate Chip; Bashful Blue; vanilla; and paper from My Minds Eye/Bohemian collection. On the front flap I embossed with cuttlebug's distressed stripes and the inside Bashful Blue flap I used the HB embossing folder. I stamped the sentiment on the front panel using a Hero Arts stamp (candles) in BB and then stamped the HB from Anita's stamps in CC over it. I added SU hardware rolled in CC and a lt. blue organza ribbon. The inside pocket holds the gift cert.

No comments: