Friday, June 13, 2008

Candy Cake




Well, the other day I was surfing my blogs and came up with this site. Now, I cannot remember how I got there but was happy I did. What a great idea I thought, I can do that. Well, I have a million things to do because I'm going back to Boston next Tuesday, but hey this doesn't look hard. The site was: creationsbyyahaira.com. Somehow googling candy cakes, I came across this site with directions: http://67.15.207.135/candy_cake.php. Anyway, here is my 2 layer cake result. Now as luck would have it (and this was in the back of my mind), my family reunion is a birthday celebration - celebrating everyone's birthday. Well, this will be just perfect to bring with me. Of course it will have to be a carry-on so I hope that won't be an issue.

I used Paper Studio paper from Hobby Lobby and flowers 60% off at Joann's. It was very simple - takes about 1 1/2 bags of Nuggets. I wrapped each piece of styrofoam with cardstock and then attached the nuggets with my tacky glue. I punched holes in the styrofoam to put in the flowers. It did not take long to do - maybe 2 -3 hours, not sure as I didn't work on it non stop. But very easy. I think I may try for a 3 layer next time!

1 comment:

Lois Michael said...

Too stinkin adorable Laura. Great job!