Sunday, June 29, 2008

My "Birthday" Yankee Swap

Something happened to this post!!! It was suppose to follow the next post but somehow when I posted it left a HUGE gap between posts. I tried to fix it but could not. UGH!! So as you are reading this you may want to go to the next one first and then back to this one to get the correct sequence. Anyway, thanks for looking.

For my swap, I made a card holder using DP from SU. I cut out a piece of Certainly Celery 6x12 and scored at 5 inches from both ends . I then cut a strip for each side and attached with brads. I added a Close to Cocoa 1 inch handle glued under the top trim. The "cards" is alphabet stickers from Scrapworks. They match perfectly with our Blush Blossom. Inside were 5 cards made using the same DP.

This card uses the Penny Black/Charmed stamp. I stamped the image first on the white cs and then stamped it again on a patterned DP and cut out just the petals and glued them onto the original image. The bird is from "Make a Tree Set" from Stamp Camp. I stamped it on Blush Blossom and then cut it out and popped it up.







This stamp for this card is from Paper Inspirations and I used the cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots on the background. The 1/2 circle on the left was cut using CTMH circle cutter.


This card was very time consuming, but I loved the process. I used the "Time for bubbly" from My Favorite Things and stamped the image first on Blush Blossom and then stamped again on various DPs. I then cut out all the images and glued them in place. The mirror is vellum and I put crystal effects on all the bubbles and wine in the glass.







This stamp set also from My Favorite Things/what's up cupcake was stamped first; colored in with blender pen. I then stamped the frostings on bashful blue and cut them out and glued onto the cupcakes. The top is Cinnamon stickles that look like chocolate chips.





This final card in the set uses a stamp from inkadinkadoo.








Since it was my sister's "actual" birthday I made her this card. The stamp is from American Art Stamp/Emerson Quillin collection.

No comments: